iRingtunes Release NotesVersion 2.3
Released: September 10, 2009
- We have changed the licensing system used by the application with this release. Old style license keys will still work but you may have to place a check in the checkbox on the license screen to use your old style license if you ever need to reinstall.
Released: July 15, 2009
- Changed User Account Control.On some computers, in order for iRingTunes to communicate with iTunes, it has to be run with Administrator rights. This is due to restrictions put in place by User Account Control (UAC) built into Windows Vista as well as the upcoming Windows 7. With this release, iRingTunes is setup to automatically request Administrator rights when it is launched. This removes the need of the user needing to manually select the option to have it launch with Administrator rights.
Released: May 19, 2009
- Changed the trial limitations. In prior versions, the ringtones created with the trial version were limited to a length of 2 seconds and the trial period was limited to 15 days. This has been changed to now allow the creation of ringtones of any length without a time limitation on using the application. But, the trial version will be limited to only allowing the creation of 3 ringtones.
Released: September 25, 2008
- Due to how Apple created the interface to iTunes, we have limited the ringtone length from 40 seconds to 39 seconds. The iPhone does not allow ringtones to be any longer than 40 seconds. And, with the way the iTunes interface works, we have found that when we tell iTunes to create a clip of the song of 40 seconds long, it will sometimes create it slightly longer (something like 40.045 seconds). In these cases, iTunes will refuse to then copy the ringtone to the iPhone. To prevent this from happening, we have limited the length to 39 seconds so if iTunes goes a few milliseconds longer we will still be under the 40 second limit.
Released: September 16, 2008
- Added search box to top of iRingtunes window to quickly filter song list by album, artist or song title.
Released: September 11, 2008
- Fixed the placement of the iRingtunes application icons in the Start menu. They were being placed in an group named "iRepo" instead of "iRingtunes".
Released: September 4, 2008
- Fixed problem when running on Windows Vista
Released: September 3, 2008
- This is the initial release of iRingtunes.