iGadget X Release NotesVersion 4.3.1
Released: January 6, 2015
- Updated to fix possible warning about running applications not purchased from the Mac App Store.
Released: July 29, 2013
- Updated the Playlist Transfer plugin to now rebuild playlists with the tracks in the same order as on the iPod/iPhone/iPad. Also, the playlists can now be recreated with duplicate tracks in the same playlist.
- Updated the Gas Prices plugin to take into account changes in the source site.
Released: January 16, 2013
- Updated Horoscope and Movie Showtime plugins. The source sites for these plugins changed their format so these plugins have been updated to take the changes into account. Prior versions could cause the program to hang when trying to access the sites.
- Removed the Driving Directions plugin. The source site changed and we can no longer access the driving directions from the program. So, this plugin will no longer be available. However, it is possible that a driving directions plugin could be added back in with a future update if we find a source site we can access.
Released: August 15, 2012
- Updated to fix possible crash when transferring playlists.
Released: August 14, 2012
- Updated to fix crashing issue when running on OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
- Digitally signed the application to allow installation on computers running OS X 10.8 with Gatekeeper security turned on.
Released: December 15, 2011
- Added support for iTunes 10.5.2
Released: April 27, 2011
- Added support for playlist folders. In the past when transferring playlists, playlist folders would transfer over simply as a large playlist. With this version, playlist folders will be restored as playlist folders in iTunes.
- Added help button to display instructions on how to enable iPod "disk use".
Released: January 13, 2011
- Updated to work better on Macs running OS X 10.5.x.
Released: June 14, 2010
- Fixed the "Do not copy songs off the iPod that area already in iTunes" setting in the Transfer Songs plugin advanced iTunes settings. In prior versions, this was treated "backwards". That is, to turn on the feature you had to uncheck the option.
- Fixed a bug in the "transfer info" function of the "Music Transfer" plugin that would cause the application to lockup or crash when transferring data from songs with an apostrophe in the artist, album or track name.
- Added the option to copy over Grouping and Comments in the "Transfer Info" function of the "Music Transfer" plugin.
Released: September 28, 2009
- Updated the Movie Showtime plugin to work with new source site design.
Released: September 16, 2009
- Changed to a 32-bit application. Version 3.1 was accidentally built as a 64-bit application.
Released: September 15, 2009
- Updated to work with the new iPod nano (5th generation).
Released: July 29, 2009
- This update provides support for jailbroken iPhones and iPod touches running the new 3.0 firmware.
- A new checkbox is available just above the music listing of the "Transfer Songs from iPod" plugin that, when checked, will only show the songs on the iPod that do not currently exist in the iTunes library.
- A new "Support" menu item has been added under the Help menu that has several options. These are there to make it easier if you need support and we need you to send us some information. There is no need to run any of these options unless requested to do so by Purple Ghost Software support.
- Added a "check all" and "check none" menu options available by right-clicking on the playlist list of the "Transfer Playlists" plugin.
Released: June 25, 2009
- Updated to work with iPhone/iPod touch 3.0 firmware. iTunes started storing song information on the iPod touch and iPhone differently with the release of the 3.0 iPhone and iPod touch firmware. This resulted in this application not seeing tracks added to devices running the 3.0 firmware. This release contains updates to work with this new format.
- Added new function to the Transfer Songs plugin. There is now a "Transfer Info" button in the toolbar. This function will transfer just the metadata information (play count, user rating, etc) from the songs you select on the iPod to iTunes. This can be useful for people that have recovered their iTunes library but for whatever reason, the metadata is incorrect. This can transfer the metadata from the songs on an iPod to the songs in iTunes.
Released: April 15, 2009
- Fixed issue which could cause the application to crash when getting song data from an iPod with a very large number of songs.
- Fixed issue which could cause the application to crash when transferring a playlist with a very large number of songs.
Released: March 23, 2009
- Fixed issue which could cause the application to crash when accessing song data from an iPod when running on OS X 10.4.
Released: March 19, 2009
- Updated driving directions plugin to fix issue which could cause the application to freeze when adding new driving directions.
Released: March 17, 2009
- Updated movie showtimes plugin to fix issue which could cause the application to apparently lock up when retrieving list of theaters for some zip codes.
Released: March 13, 2009
- Fixed problem when selecting "Check Selected" after sorting songs by clicking on column header
- Fixed issue with album names and artist names with apostrophes - before, if selecting one from filter list, no songs would get displayed
- Fixed issue with movie showtime plugin that could freeze when retrieving showtimes for certain movies
- Updated movie showtimes to work with site redesign
- Updated gas prices plugin to work with new site design
Released: January 8, 2009
- Fixed issue with gas prices plugin to work with new source site design.
- Fixed issue which would cause iGadget X to suddenly close part way through a music transfer process when used on an iPhone or iPod touch.
Released: September 9, 2008
- Fixed issue which would cause "date and time invalid" errors when transferring songs that did not have a "last played date" set. Please note that the songs were still being transferred.
Released: August 20, 2008
- Fixed issue that caused the Playlist Transfer plugin to not be able to add songs to the playlists.
Released: June 25, 2008
- This version fixes the Horoscope plugin.
- This version incorporates a new license system. External license files are no longer required.
Released: May 28, 2008
- This version fixes the Gas Prices plugin which was no longer locating prices correctly.
Released: April 18, 2008
- This release allows it to work with jailbroken iPhones and iPod touches running 1.1.4 firmware. I would like to thank Lawrence Vanderpool for helping me figure this out. Thanks! :)
Released: February 26, 2008
- The following fields are now also transferred with songs copied from an iPod to iTunes: start time, stop time, volume adjustment, remember playback position, and skip when shuffling.
Released: January 11, 2008
- Added support for jailbroken iPhones and iPod touches
- Fixed bug that would display "iPod not found" in status bar when an iPhone or iPod touch was connected
- Updated Driving Directions plugin to work with new design of source website
- Added "main playlist" to the Playlist Transfer plugin - this playlist has the same name as the iPod's name and contains all the songs on the iPod
Released: November 9, 2007
- Added support for iPod touch and iPhone
Released: September 28, 2007
- Fixed bug with Weather plugin when running on PowerPC Macs
- Fixed bug that caused custom file and folder name patterns to not work in Music Transfer plugin
Released: July 5, 2007
- Apple changed things in iTunes 7.3 that caused iGadget X to not see the songs on the iPod. This version has been updated to work with iTunes 7.3.
Released: June 11, 2007
- Added a "Gas Prices" plugin. This plugin allows you to find the lowest gas prices within a United States zip code.
Released: June 4, 2007
- Initial version of iGadget X is now available.