Repossess your music!
iRepo is a very easy to use utility to copy songs off iPod classic devices, You simply connect your device and it will show you all the songs that are on the iPod. You can then easily select which songs you want to transfer and tell iRepo to start transferring.
Copy songs from any iPod classic (no iOS devices)
iRepo gives you the ability to copy songs onto your computer from any iPod classic.
Please note that iRepo now only works with iPod classic devices. It no longer works with any iOS devices (iPhones, iPads or iPod touch).
This is due to Apple's updates to iTunes. They no longer support 3rd party applications (such as iRepo) communicating with iTunes so the only thing left that iRepo can talk to are iPod classic devices.
In the past, iRepo could transfer the songs into iTunes for you. But, no longer. iRepo can still transfer the songs off your iPod classic and onto your computer, but if you want those tracks in iTunes, you will have to drag/drop them into iTunes instead.
We're very sorry to be so limited, but there isn't anything we can do about it. Due to the now limited utility iRepo offers, the price is now much lower than in the past.
If your friend has songs you would like, you can connect their iPod classic to your computer and transfer over all the songs you don't have.
- Start iRepo
- Connect your iPod classic
- iRepo will display a listing of all the tracks on the device
- Select which tracks you want
- Click a button to start the transfer process
- Windows 7, 8, or 10
Why can't iRepo find my iPod classic?
This could be a couple things:
- First thing to try, if iRepo doesn't detect the iPod at first, go to the File menu and select the option to "Check for iPods" and see if that helps.
- iRepo requires the iPod to be set for manually music management. To set this, please follow these steps:
- Connect iPod to your computer using either your cable or Dock.
- Open iTunes.
- When/if iTunes asks you if you want to auto update, click the "Cancel" button.
- Select iPod in the Source list in iTunes.
- In iTunes, select the option to "Manually manage music".
- Click the "Apply" button.
Is iRepo compatible with my device?
iRepo works with all iPod classic devices (not iPhones, iPads or iPod touch)
Why am I getting error "Unable to load DLL 'MobileDevice.dll"?
If you are running Windows 10, this is usually due to having installed iTunes from the Windows Store instead of the version available directly from the Apple website.
The iTunes version available from the Microsoft Store has limitations imposed on it that prevents programs like iRpeo from being able to see connected iPhones and iPads.
The solution is to uninstall that version of iTunes and then download the version directly from the Apple website.
It’s a little tricky as the Apple website initially directs you to download it from the Windows Store.
- Go to the iTunes download page here: https://www.apple.com/itunes/download
- Don’t click the "Get from Microsoft" button. Instead, go down the page a bit and find the "Looking for other versions" section and click the "Windows" link.
- Click the button to download iTunes directly form Apple and install that version and you should be good to go.